The Tweets of Anne Frank

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (189 votes, average: 4.32 out of 5)

AnneFrank: @diary forgot to put iPhone on vibrate. tense few minutes, there.

Historical Tweets The Book
THIS TWEET IS IN THE BOOK!

40 Comments »

Posted by: Twitter Historian on July 3rd 2009

Posted in: 1900-1950

40 Responses to “The Tweets of Anne Frank”

1. In Which My Idea of Funny Doesn’t Quite Mesh With CNN’s Jordan Valinsky’s …. | How to Build a Writer responded on 03 Jul 2009 at 10:32 am #

[…] said, some of the tweets up at Historical Tweets are cool as hell. From @AnneFrank: @diary: forgot to put iPhone on vibrate. tense few minutes […]

2. patrick responded on 03 Jul 2009 at 5:32 pm #

I’m actually find this kinda tasteless. I’m not even Jewish and I’m definitely no fan of Israel but this is not really good humor.

3. Don responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 5:39 am #

Not at all funny. The creator needs to read the book or better yet take a tour of one of the former camps.

4. Bobbie responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 7:20 am #

Dude(s), lighten up!

5. a70eezchild responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 7:20 am #

I think it’s hilarious…and clever!
    I’m sure no disrespect is intended on any of these Tweets…

6. emily responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 9:08 am #

seriously lighten up! i read her diary a million times and and am über sensitive to all things holocaust/war/genocide but i also have a serious sense of humor!

7. Michael Haha responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 9:54 am #

Awesome. Just awesome. Keep up the great work.

8. JP responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 10:42 am #

most of ur tweets are funny…wouldn’t joke about stuff like that though :(

9. Jason Taylor responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 11:14 am #

i don’t think it’s disrespectful at all… just imagine if she HAD an iPhone and Twitter… What would she tweet? That’s what this is. A what if… At least someone took the time to recognize her…

10. Lily responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 11:17 am #

I felt so bad laughing at it! You guys are very sharp & funny. But this one makes us feel guilty.

11. Frank N. responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 11:28 am #

@Don Wait, there’s a book?!?

12. Brett responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 11:40 am #

Got to score this high on the originality scale…like the blend of old and new!!

13. Amanda responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 3:59 pm #

HaHa. so wrong. i’m going to the anne frank museum in amsterdam next week, i’ll have to remember to tell my cousin. she lives in israel…

14. tman responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 4:39 pm #

Nothing distasteful there, just good humour. Love it!

15. Anthony responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 6:34 pm #

I laughed really hard at this. Really clever

16. john responded on 04 Jul 2009 at 10:05 pm #

Oh, I get it! It’s funny, you know, because she could get her whole family discovered, shipped in cattle cars to extermination camps, and then gassed to death. Let’s all have a good hearty laugh! Ha ha! There is no end to the classy humor at this website!

17. jennifer responded on 05 Jul 2009 at 12:12 am #

HAHHAHA.. oh my gosh .. i laughed really hard at this… but i feel guilty for laughing at this.

18. thomas responded on 05 Jul 2009 at 4:09 am #

this ist the least funny thing i saw for a while

19. Jen responded on 05 Jul 2009 at 6:52 am #

Yeah, I’m Jewish and I laughed. It’s okay. A Jew found it funny. Your panties can get out of a wad now.

20. des responded on 05 Jul 2009 at 2:01 pm #

oh, man, this was so funny…

can’t believe people are so caught up in being PC… maybe those very folks would’ve found great jobs in the SS back then…

21. Jenny responded on 06 Jul 2009 at 12:56 am #

I’m pretty sure I’m going to Hell for laughing at this. And I’m Jewish too xD.

22. truth responded on 06 Jul 2009 at 7:56 am #

this is in terrible taste.

can i get a tweet from someone right before they go in the gas chamber?

how about a tweet from one of dahmer’s victims before he tortures them to death?

people being killed is funny!

23. probo-no responded on 06 Jul 2009 at 9:19 am #

PC is for ninnys

24. China Nolan responded on 06 Jul 2009 at 1:39 pm #

Completely, laugh out loud funny. This would’ve happened.

25. Nadia responded on 09 Jul 2009 at 8:26 am #

so sad this one..
    not funny at all… coz they ended up captured and killed..

26. Borjer responded on 09 Jul 2009 at 9:33 pm #

God this was funny as hell. Get over it people.

27. MTHIS responded on 10 Jul 2009 at 7:37 am #

The people offended by this need to re-read the book. The compelling thing about Anne’s diary is that she is human, not a museum piece. I applaud the author for recognizing that.

28. ello responded on 14 Jul 2009 at 9:53 pm #

@Jenny-

You must not be a very good Jew. Jews don’t believe in Hell, silly! ;-D

29. lorem responded on 20 Jul 2009 at 8:40 pm #

What gets me is the background. Clearly a shot of Jews being rounded up on the street. Crossed the line for me there.

30. Jenny responded on 25 Jul 2009 at 12:22 pm #

ello responded on 14 Jul 2009 at 9:53 pm #

@Jenny-

You must not be a very good Jew. Jews don’t believe in Hell, silly! ;-D

Ahahahahahahaha true. But technically Jew Hell is basically where everything is retail priced xD.

31. yayTEHlulz responded on 26 Jul 2009 at 11:54 am #

hahahahahahahaha love it… keep em coming

32. Amelia responded on 02 Aug 2009 at 4:50 pm #

Everyone shut up, this is the funniest historical tweet EVERRRRRRRR.

33. jacob responded on 27 Sep 2009 at 6:28 pm #

jesus, chill out guys. this isnt ment to be disrespectful. shut up already.

34. justin responded on 07 Oct 2009 at 5:06 pm #

yea for real i agree with amilia and jacob its a joke just enjoy it they aren’t making fun of anne frank they’re just tryin to be funny(which they did).

35. Martin responded on 10 Nov 2009 at 2:08 pm #

This is sad and tasteless. I am sure you people never read her diary. Who gives you the right to make a joke based upon her legacy in this way.

Hope most people with style can distinguish a good joke from this garbage.

36. Corto responded on 17 Nov 2009 at 5:23 pm #

Very disrespectful and tasteless. Whoever wrote it should count their lucky stars they weren’t born in the wrong time and place.

37. Marlow responded on 25 Nov 2009 at 12:36 pm #

This Jewess laughed, too. We all know how things went, but that doesn’t make Anne Frank any less of a human. This is an obvs reference to when she was still in hiding- sure it’s risqué, but does that make it tasteless? I don’t think so.
    Unwad your panties, geez.

38. Colton responded on 02 Feb 2010 at 4:15 pm #

Terrible, perhaps. But indeed hilarious. Very dark and original haha.

39. james responded on 24 Feb 2010 at 10:20 am #

Dark humor, but funny nonetheless. So Anne Frank and the Nazis is offlimits…I didn’t see any complaining about Abe Lincoln’s Ford Theater tweet.

40. Brandon responded on 11 May 2010 at 1:24 am #

People are entirely too PC these days. Chill out, nothing wrong with making one of history’s dark spots a little lighter. And look at Hitler- you think if the Fuhrer knew how to laugh a little he would’ve taken to executing millions of people? I don’t.

Creative Commons License
HistoricalTweets.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.