Tweet in the Blank for a Free Autographed Book: Che Guevara

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)

What would Che tweet?

Give your best guess in the comments below — your tweet could win you a free autographed copy of our new book Historical Tweets: The Completely Unabridged and Ridiculously Brief History of the World.

The reasonably official rules: we’ll select the best quotes from the comments and then allow fans to vote on the best one — most votes wins the book

47 Comments »

Posted by: Twitter Historian on May 10th 2010

Posted in: 1960s, Tweet in the Blank

47 Responses to “Tweet in the Blank for a Free Autographed Book: Che Guevara”

1. ashley garner responded on 10 May 2010 at 1:12 pm #

Just finished reading zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance. Not what I expected. Bike still not fixed then though.

2. chris responded on 10 May 2010 at 1:20 pm #

comrades, goin to bolivia to start la revolution. see you all soon.

3. Avraham responded on 10 May 2010 at 1:31 pm #

Someday my t-shirts will be top sellers! Really!

4. Béranger responded on 10 May 2010 at 1:31 pm #

Compañero Fidel, in that letter I forgot to ask you for the bills I signed while at the National Bank. I need them for a holiday in Bolivia.

5. CPK responded on 10 May 2010 at 1:34 pm #

Korda took my headshot today. I look so lame. This will never catch on.

6. Tweets that mention Tweet in the Blank for a Free Autographed Book: Che Guevara | Historical Tweets -- Topsy.com responded on 10 May 2010 at 1:47 pm #

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Historical Tweets, Kate McKean. Kate McKean said: RT @historicaltweet: Tweet in the Blank for a Free Autographed Book: Che Guevara http://bit.ly/a1af6b […]

7. Justin responded on 10 May 2010 at 1:52 pm #

I’m about fed up with people making fun of the way I talk. My name is ERNESTO! Not “che”. Why do the worst nicknames always stick?

8. Angela responded on 10 May 2010 at 1:59 pm #

Viva_Ernesto is already taken. I guess I’m stuck with this ridiculous nickname now.

9. Glenn responded on 10 May 2010 at 2:10 pm #

kickin it here with my boy @glennbeck trying to decide who the winner of American Idol is going to be this year…

10. Kate responded on 10 May 2010 at 2:47 pm #

1 – Depose Batista regime. 2 – Design T-shirt. 3 – Crack elusive Spencer Gifts/Hot Topic demographic.

11. Dan Wood responded on 10 May 2010 at 2:58 pm #

Thinking about having a poster printed with my face on it. The consultants say it will be a hot seller with the college freshmen.

12. Joel responded on 10 May 2010 at 3:22 pm #

Told @StevenSoderbergh I wanted a #1 hit with action and no plot. Should’ve went with @MichaelBay.

13. Sean responded on 10 May 2010 at 3:35 pm #

Cuba’s free and I’m weighing my options. I have offers from Bolivia and Quebec. Decisions Decisions. What do my tweeps think?

14. Lori responded on 10 May 2010 at 3:36 pm #

Maybe I’ll wear that new red henley from L.L. Bean tomorrow. I really just feel like wearing olive green today.

15. Robyn responded on 10 May 2010 at 3:38 pm #

Signed Cuban money with Che, but @F_Castro thinks I should go with Ernesto. Tough choice.

16. Derrick responded on 10 May 2010 at 3:50 pm #

I am so about to unfollow Fidel right now. #Ithoughtweweretweeps

17. Justin James responded on 10 May 2010 at 3:53 pm #

The joke’s on John and Nikita… we’re re-packing the crates with cigars, not the nukes!

18. Anum responded on 10 May 2010 at 4:25 pm #

So you thought the revolution was over? It’ll start again with t-shirts. They won’t see it coming, or what they’re wearing.

19. Kristin responded on 10 May 2010 at 5:57 pm #

Go ahead, scoff. Someday, I’ll be on Broadway.

20. Jacqueline Miller responded on 10 May 2010 at 6:09 pm #

Where’s my radical beret!?! I can’t be seen without my radical beret!!

21. Benja responded on 10 May 2010 at 6:25 pm #

The best thing Che could tweet: “Hasta la victoria siempre” -> “Always to the victory”

22. Anthony responded on 10 May 2010 at 6:47 pm #

Full day of executions tomorrow. Tired, but this is the only way American college kids will ever think I’m cool.

23. TotallyRandomPix.com responded on 10 May 2010 at 7:19 pm #

*sigh* No one understands me. Changing my username to @EmoChe

24. Chad responded on 10 May 2010 at 9:56 pm #

Revolution!! RT @TheBeatles: Trying to pick a name for “Hey Jude” B-Side. Any ideas?

25. Kendall responded on 11 May 2010 at 1:13 am #

Laid down medical supplies to pick up ammunition. Will doubtlessly return to being a physician later.

26. Mnb responded on 11 May 2010 at 9:35 am #

Shoot the follower in front of you

27. Steve D responded on 11 May 2010 at 10:04 am #

I love dessert but HATE deserters.

28. jfb-f responded on 11 May 2010 at 10:10 am #

@Rebelde_Fidel are you going downtown tonight? I could REALLY use some back up!

29. hwbj responded on 11 May 2010 at 10:39 am #

Fidel…relax, have a cigar, grow a beard…this revolution stuff is nonsense

30. moriartytth responded on 11 May 2010 at 10:51 am #

the revolution cannot be stopped by the death of one man. the revolution takes place in the minds of the people.

31. Matt responded on 11 May 2010 at 11:30 am #

Just got a new haircut and beret. Hopefully this will make the whole revolution more hip and youth friendly.

32. John A Dowell responded on 11 May 2010 at 12:30 pm #

Better to die tweeting than to live on your Facebook page.

33. Jeremy Anderson responded on 11 May 2010 at 1:45 pm #

Having difficulty with a catch phrase. “El Ernesto Vive!”, “Ernesto En Su Casa”, “Me Llamo Ernie” this revolution goes nowhere without a catchy phrase.

34. Callie James responded on 11 May 2010 at 1:47 pm #

Most successful tour of all time, measured by T-shirt sales. (Eat it, @RollingStones)

35. Paul Irving responded on 11 May 2010 at 6:30 pm #

Trying to find a good profile pic to use so ppl can recognize me

36. Cuban Exile responded on 11 May 2010 at 7:25 pm #

Some say leadership is about strategy, but I have always been best at execution.

37. Keary responded on 11 May 2010 at 9:12 pm #

Going to watch the Mets play in Che Stadium!!

38. Matt responded on 11 May 2010 at 9:39 pm #

Have a great idea for a tweetup. DM me if you’re interested.

39. Christian Kupsch responded on 12 May 2010 at 12:14 am #

Revolution in the Congo didn’t work out. Those Africans simply don’t want to import our great imp… eh socialism.

40. Nikki responded on 12 May 2010 at 5:25 pm #

@BarackObama Looks like someone’s been reading up on a manifesto or two …

41. David responded on 14 May 2010 at 10:08 am #

Got some shopping in at Macy’s & Bloomingdale’s in NYC with @jedgarhoover – next stop, Grand Central Terminal!

42. Rakesh responded on 15 May 2010 at 1:35 pm #

The most printed face on Earth.. Damn!..Osama beats me at it .. and why not.. Toilet papers are used more than T-shirts..

43. Jennifer responded on 16 May 2010 at 5:48 am #

I think I’m going to write a book about my motorcycle journey through S. America. It’ll be so good, they’ll turn it into a movie.

Stupid asthma. There’s gotta be something better out there to help deal with it.

44. Choose Your Favorite Che Tweet: Winner Gets a Free Book! | Historical Tweets responded on 17 May 2010 at 7:17 am #

[…] « « Tweet in the Blank for a Free Autographed Book: Che Guevara | […]

45. mike responded on 20 May 2010 at 2:55 pm #

@kruschev: WHAT EVER!

46. CubaLibre responded on 22 May 2010 at 4:16 am #

Nope. I don’t feel like settling down. I Need the adrenaline. RT @fidel “We won. What about a health ministery?”

47. Choose Your Favorite Walt Disney Tweet: Winner Gets A Free Book! | Historical Tweets responded on 31 May 2010 at 8:31 am #

[…] week, you offered up over 40 possible tweets for Walt Disney, making the Twitterverse the new “Happiest Place On […]

Creative Commons License
HistoricalTweets.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.