Tweet in the Blank: The Wonderful Tweets of Walt Disney

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (3 votes, average: 4.67 out of 5)

What would Walt Disney tweet?

Our contest continues — give your best guess in the comments below. Your tweet could win you a free copy of our new book Historical Tweets: The Completely Unabridged and Ridiculously Brief History of the World.

The reasonably official rules: we’ll select the best quotes from the comments and then allow fans to vote on the best one — most votes wins the book!

45 Comments »

Posted by: Twitter Historian on May 18th 2010

Posted in: 1900-1950, Tweet in the Blank

45 Responses to “Tweet in the Blank: The Wonderful Tweets of Walt Disney”

1. Alizabeth responded on 18 May 2010 at 4:24 am #

I’m so glad we built here, not Florida. OMG, think of the HUMIDITY!! Told you, @bboyroy !!

2. Tweets that mention Tweet in the Blank: The Wonderful Tweets of Walt Disney | Historical Tweets -- Topsy.com responded on 18 May 2010 at 4:29 am #

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Historical Tweets. Historical Tweets said: Tweet in the Blank: The Wonderful Tweets of Walt Disney http://bit.ly/bREgt2 […]

3. Alizabeth responded on 18 May 2010 at 4:43 am #

Just had someone pitch me a movie idea- old man flies his house with a ton of balloons, accidentally kidnapping an asian kid. Yeah right!!

4. Javi3r responded on 18 May 2010 at 4:47 am #

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho. Its cryonics from work we go!
    It will be a nice urban legend, @Mickey.

5. Jennifer responded on 18 May 2010 at 5:10 am #

Tweeps, help! Mortimer or Mickey? Vote now!

Taking rough cut of Snow White to bank. Cross fingers for a bailout!

6. Warren responded on 18 May 2010 at 5:52 am #

Just finished a Pluto-Popsicle and got a major brain freeze. Hey, that gives me an idea…

7. Dave in San Jose responded on 18 May 2010 at 6:38 am #

Hey Twitterverse! Should my new ride be called “It’s A Small World” or “It’s a Final Solution”? Not sure which kids will like more.

8. hwbj responded on 18 May 2010 at 6:44 am #

I’m gonna kill that %^$#%& mouse!!

9. Dave in San Jose responded on 18 May 2010 at 6:45 am #

My 1st tweet after being cryogenically thawed. Who’s this @HannahMontana chick and why is she on my channel 24 hours a day?

10. Susan responded on 18 May 2010 at 7:23 am #

Why does everyone thinks I’m running some type of Mickey Mouse outfit here?

11. phampants responded on 18 May 2010 at 7:45 am #

Who knew that wishing upon a star would make all my dreams come true.

12. Matt responded on 18 May 2010 at 8:42 am #

Just came up with next great Disney movie: Disney Princess and the subvert sexual/anti-semetic references. Ahaha! It is good to be king!

13. Matthew Newman responded on 18 May 2010 at 8:56 am #

Spending time in my new “Land.” Wonder if I’ll be able to expand my land after I come out of cryo-hybernation.

14. Anthony responded on 18 May 2010 at 8:59 am #

Can’t get the “It’s a Small World” song out of my head. Well, at least I’m not suffering alone.

15. TechyDad responded on 18 May 2010 at 9:04 am #

Someone suggested that Mickey munch on some cheese while saying a catch phrase. I think he’s looney or a maroon or something.

16. Patrick Kelly responded on 18 May 2010 at 9:09 am #

Mtg w/Snow White, Cinderella tonight. Planning to add a whole new meaning to “Fantasyland”.

— or —

People don’t like the park’s Mickey & Minnie. I may have to replace them with humans in costume instead.

17. CPK responded on 18 May 2010 at 10:01 am #

Anyone notice how cold it is under Pirates of the Caribbean? I am literally freezing, you guys.

18. Laura responded on 18 May 2010 at 10:37 am #

Just met a guy – says he some swampland in Florida to sell me. I’d be GOOFY to fall for that one! Ha, Get it – Goofy?

19. SJC responded on 18 May 2010 at 11:02 am #

flying baby elephant with gigantic ears, only friends with his mother and a mouse – brilliant idea for movie, not a dumbo one.

20. @setheaton responded on 18 May 2010 at 11:27 am #

Finished filming of 20k Leagues Under the Sea. Regrettably, we don’t have the budget for the singing crab bit. Pity.

21. @setheaton responded on 18 May 2010 at 2:18 pm #

Received lovely fruit basket from Jungle Book cast. Now feeling ill. Should not have picked the prickly pear by the paw.

or

Need a break…vacationing in the Indian jungle. Animals are fantastic. Wish I had my camera but only packed the bare necessities.

22. Jacqueline Miller responded on 18 May 2010 at 2:51 pm #

What do you get when you hirer talking animals with no singing princess? Choosing between bathrooms or water fountains. We hire the 7 dwarfs from now on @Roy.

23. Kristin responded on 18 May 2010 at 3:57 pm #

And they said it’d never fly.

24. Amy responded on 18 May 2010 at 5:27 pm #

Crap! I really need to fix my signature! No way anyone’s ever going to believe that’s a “D.”

25. RC responded on 18 May 2010 at 6:28 pm #

Our beloved characters are being printed on disposable diapers?!? Tell they didn’t use the bear…

26. RC responded on 18 May 2010 at 6:31 pm #

And then the father is killed! Oh wait, which movie were we talking about? Oh well, just go with that.

27. RC responded on 18 May 2010 at 6:33 pm #

@animators: just draw four fingers. It’s not like these cartoons will ever be used to teach kids how to count.

28. RC responded on 18 May 2010 at 6:49 pm #

@DonaldDuck, don’t care which union you belong to: no pants, no paycheck. & get a new phone- couldn’t understand your last voicemail at all.

29. RC responded on 18 May 2010 at 7:01 pm #

@JLasseter, at least I could blame @AAMilne for the name of my bear. What’s your excuse for the toy cowboy, huh?

30. Jacqueline Miller responded on 18 May 2010 at 8:17 pm #

@drMalcom when Pirates breaks down, the pirates don’t eat the tourists. The Kraken does.

31. Elizabeth Carmona responded on 19 May 2010 at 8:18 am #

Ford has what????????????????

32. Chris responded on 19 May 2010 at 9:23 am #

That scheister that sold me Florida swampland for a winter home has got to feel Dopey now.

33. bb responded on 19 May 2010 at 12:03 pm #

Couldn’t pay for the lap dance last night at the club. Promised to name a movie after her. What kind of name is Bambi?

34. Justin responded on 19 May 2010 at 2:14 pm #

Finally, a park that is for the average Joe; a park where capitalism plays 2nd fiddle to a magical world of adventure & imagination.

35. Rebecca responded on 19 May 2010 at 5:19 pm #

Just bought swampland in Florida. Hope there won’t be a mouse problem!

36. Meaghan responded on 20 May 2010 at 5:44 am #

Saw this wicked mouse today with a pet dog. LOL! Pretty funny, might just turn it into a moving picture..

37. Tom responded on 20 May 2010 at 6:29 am #

Trap finally snapped on that pesky mouse that has been wreaking havoc all over the house, what a mess… hey wait a minute.

38. Aly responded on 20 May 2010 at 6:51 am #

Tweeting to you from “Twinker Bell,” a service we will now sue for obvious copyright infringement. They claim Fair Use. Morons. Bow to king!

39. Barb responded on 23 May 2010 at 12:38 am #

To think that this all started by doodling little drawings on every page of the Sears Catalog in the little house out back of my rodent-infested boyhood home!

40. Phillip responded on 24 May 2010 at 3:36 pm #

I know it’s black and white right now. But you should see it on Gay Day!!!!

41. zenvelo responded on 25 May 2010 at 10:29 am #

I didn’t say she was crazy, I said she was fucking Goofy!

42. hymen liebowitz responded on 25 May 2010 at 6:21 pm #

Damn Jews!

43. patty g responded on 27 May 2010 at 8:01 pm #

damn, i’m cold

44. Goblin responded on 05 Jun 2010 at 1:34 pm #

@ j edgar hoover How do like Tinkerbell I got the idea from you.

45. Nellie responded on 12 Jun 2010 at 5:33 pm #

@snowwhite yes, two types of men, drawrfs and princes, and the odds of finding a prince are 7 to 1.

Creative Commons License
HistoricalTweets.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.