Tweet in the Blank: What’s Your Favorite Magic Twick?

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (3 votes, average: 3.67 out of 5)

This week’s tweet in blank figure is the master of illusion, Harry Houdini. What Would Houdini Tweet?

Give your best guess in the comments below — your tweet could win you a free copy of our new book Historical Tweets: The Completely Unabridged and Ridiculously Brief History of the World.

As always, the reasonably official rules are: we’ll select our favorite quotes from the comments below and then allow fans to vote on the best one — most votes wins the book.

18 Comments »

Posted by: Twitter Historian on June 2nd 2010

Posted in: 1900-1950, Tweet in the Blank, Uncategorized

18 Responses to “Tweet in the Blank: What’s Your Favorite Magic Twick?”

1. stellacat responded on 02 Jun 2010 at 8:53 am #

Almost died today. That makes…what…9,987 near death experiences? Only a few more until I reach the big 10!

2. Tweets that mention What Would Houdini Tweet? -- Topsy.com responded on 02 Jun 2010 at 9:58 am #

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Historical Tweets, Stephanie Palma. Stephanie Palma said: RT @historicaltweet: What Would Houdini Tweet? http://bit.ly/dgaNTn […]

3. philbert responded on 02 Jun 2010 at 10:57 am #

@DarlingBessHoudini Baby, not the sex handcuffs again. This thing is getting lame, you know.

4. Eve responded on 02 Jun 2010 at 11:39 am #

Inviting anyone and everyone to punch me in the stomach. All comers welcome!

5. RockGolf responded on 02 Jun 2010 at 12:03 pm #

Tonite I broke out of str8jkt & 7 sets of padlocked chains in 2 mins. Underwater. Got to my car & my keys locked inside. FML

6. CPK responded on 02 Jun 2010 at 12:30 pm #

My stomach hurts, but it was probably just something I had for dinner.

7. ladysnot responded on 02 Jun 2010 at 1:11 pm #

Wife thought David Copperfield was a Dickens character. Guess I should take up a pen and tell her she’s wrong.

8. Kristin responded on 02 Jun 2010 at 2:27 pm #

Gotta talk to Motown. Got an idea for song lyrics. Chain, chain, chain … chain of … oh, dang, I’m stuck.

9. Barb responded on 03 Jun 2010 at 10:53 am #

Arghh! The key is in the pants that went to the cleaners!

10. Laura responded on 03 Jun 2010 at 2:27 pm #

Where did I leave those damn keys?!

11. stumptown1 responded on 03 Jun 2010 at 5:11 pm #

Kids at school locked me in my locker again today. Using the time to do some career planning.

12. cerahsee responded on 03 Jun 2010 at 7:19 pm #

@jgordy_ironfist I want you to hit me. I want you to hit me as hard as you can. #ouch

13. Susan responded on 04 Jun 2010 at 8:39 am #

Check out these abs. Go ahead, hit me.

14. Susan responded on 04 Jun 2010 at 8:40 am #

@Deliveryman Will leave empty milk can by back door when finished with it.

15. archivist responded on 04 Jun 2010 at 9:06 pm #

@dearmother Got caught in chains again. Wonder if I could make a business out of it…

16. christine responded on 06 Jun 2010 at 12:47 am #

(1917) ” So…I’m in a coffin right now…buried alive. It’s only been like 15 minutes and I’m bored as hell. “

17. vivaldacious responded on 07 Jun 2010 at 5:30 pm #

RT if you can see this.

18. Danlwlch responded on 08 Jun 2010 at 7:37 am #

World’s greatest escape artist, and I can’t get out of garbage duty…

Creative Commons License
HistoricalTweets.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.