Tweet in the Blank: Blackbeard

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (5 votes, average: 4.00 out of 5)

What would Blackbeard tweet?

Our contest continues — give your best guess in the comments below. Your tweet could win you a free copy of our new book Historical Tweets: The Completely Unabridged and Ridiculously Brief History of the World.

The reasonably official rules: we’ll select the best quotes from the comments and then allow fans to vote on the best one — most votes wins the book

19 Comments »

Posted by: Twitter Historian on June 9th 2010

Posted in: 1700s, Tweet in the Blank, Uncategorized

19 Responses to “Tweet in the Blank: Blackbeard”

1. phampants responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 1:18 pm #

Yargh! What the hell does X mark the spot mean?

2. epynephrin responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 1:22 pm #

Lost razor overboard. May be a while ’til we find a new one. Might grow out my facial hair, but worried I’ll be known as “that beardy dude.”

3. stumptown1 responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 1:57 pm #

The men have taken to calling me “Baby Face.” Growing out beard to avoid any more stupid nicknames.

4. stumptown1 responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 2:07 pm #

Pitched new flag design to first mate Roger who won’t stop laughing at me. Thinking of calling the flag “LOL Roger” to spite him.

5. stumptown1 responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 2:11 pm #

Heard rumor they are selling pirate toys. We rape, kidnap, steal and murder. Who’s going to buy their kids toys based on that?

6. philbert responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 2:21 pm #

Have just seen Pirates o’ t’ Caribbean. Arrh, Keith Richards be a lousy pirate, but that beard be lookin’ nice.

7. stumptown1 responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 2:27 pm #

@BKnowles You’ll be hearing from my ghost about the royalties you owe me for using my catch phrase for a ship full of treasure. Can you handle that?!?

8. stumptown1 responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 2:32 pm #

@maynard. Sorry about that hidden sandbar. Don’t hang your head though, if you ever catch me you can hang mine. LMAO!

9. alesha83 responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 4:14 pm #

Argh. Gotta get to me hair salon soon…some wench called me, “Graybeard” today. :(

10. Sean responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 4:17 pm #

Feeling more nefarious now that my Just For Men beard gel showed up today!

11. Sean responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 4:23 pm #

Dipped my beautiful blond beard in the water and it came up black. Thanks alot BP!

12. Tweets that mention Tweet in the Blank: Blackbeard | Historical Tweets -- Topsy.com responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 4:26 pm #

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Historical Tweets, Alec McNayr. Alec McNayr said: The fan-submitted #BlackBeard historical tweets we're getting are really funny: http://bit.ly/dk9AO4 […]

13. Kristin responded on 09 Jun 2010 at 5:50 pm #

Booty call!

14. @setheaton responded on 10 Jun 2010 at 4:55 am #

Pillaged another of Her Majesty’s fleet today. Aye, she has some fine booty.

15. Kristi responded on 10 Jun 2010 at 9:05 am #

Arrrrghhhh… Another day, another Fail Whale. Off to pillage. #WhenTwitterWasDown

16. cerahsee responded on 13 Jun 2010 at 7:10 pm #

Need to look more intimidating. Should I light my beard on fire? yes.

17. Grant responded on 13 Jun 2010 at 11:31 pm #

@LzyTwn you have no idea what being a pirate is like!

18. christine responded on 14 Jun 2010 at 6:34 pm #

So a wench says me hair looks like the tails of pigs. Argh, these pig tails add to me mighty beard.

19. Choose Your Favorite Blackbeard Tweet | Historical Tweets responded on 16 Jun 2010 at 9:58 am #

[…] Once again, Land lovers and scallywags from all over sent in their best Tweets for this weeks Tweet in the Blank, Blackbeard. […]

Creative Commons License
HistoricalTweets.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.